Burn This Book!

I recieved an email this week informing me of a new book that is coming out. It's called Burn This Book and it is a collection of essays on censorship by Salman Rushdie, Nadine Gordimer, John Updike etc. The book is edited by Toni Morrison.

Sounds like it's right up the dangerous readers' alley, huh?

The email also informed me of a petition at The Right to Read. The petition is to stop book censorship. You can go online and sign it, to add your name to the list if you want books to be freely available to people who want to read them.

Comments

Miss_Nobody said…
I guess I would want to sign that..
Keep blogging!
Rebecca :) said…
I went and signed The Right to Read petition. I cannot understand anyone who wants to ban a book. If you don't want to read it, fine, but leave everyone else alone. I think people who want to ban books are just afraid of new ideas. Thanks for sharing this. I am going to share it on my blog, too.
jo oliver said…
Hey Friend,

Hubby and I (David and Ashley Rowell) both signed the petition. Wonderful cause to support.
Mardel said…
Hello, I followed Rebecca over here cause I'm always interested when I hear about banned and challenged books. I work in a school library, so we always have to be careful, but I resent when I get a complaint or "concern" about any books. It should be a basic right, to read, or write about what you want to.