Wishful Wednesdays


This meme is hosted by mizb17 at Should Be Reading.

What great books have you been wishing for lately?

Yay! I got a nice hardcover copy of M is for Malice by Sue Grafton at the library used book bin (for $1!). I love library sales. Anyway, now, I only need A, C, D, F, G, H and I in the series. Usually, I get new books from the library. If I like them, I want them and I put them on my wishlist. In this way, I have amassed a wish list that never stops growing. It consumes every birthday and holiday (there's never room to ask for clothes, for example) and so I keep rushing off to the used book store, dressed in rags, whistling happily down the path to bankruptcy.

It's a good life.

Currently, I am reading Faithless by Joyce Carol Oates (I just realized that I have no Joyce Carol Oates books. How can that be? I love me some Oates...) and Out of the Flames by Laurence and Nancy Goldstone which is about a heretic and how they burned his book...and him, too, incidentally. I think I will want this book, even though I have only jut started it.

Here is the master list of my wishes:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K Rowling
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach
The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner
The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
The Fabric of Cosmos by Brian Greene
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (Easton Press Edition)

(...with the addition of Jazz by Toni Morrison and The Oxford Book of American Poetry, which I have been wishing for. I forgotted about them last time.)

Comments

Bluestocking said…
Harry Potter is always good.
Here is mine. http://web.me.com/bluestocking_bb/The_Bluestocking_Guide/Book_Reviews/Entries/2009/10/14_Wishful_Wednesday_7.html