Michele Emrath of Southern City Mysteries has awarded the Dangerous Pages Review with the Honest Scrap award. Along with great honor comes great resposibility. Which means I have to state ten things you may not know about me.
1. I've been a vegetarian for 8 years.
2. I have a parakeet named Cosmo. He likes to eat chicken and he's always humping his perch (that's how I can tell he's a boy).
3. I used to live in Italy and Japan (military brat) and would go back to visit either place in a heartbeat, if only to eat the food.
4. I turned 21 in November. Now I can buy my booze instead of secretly brewing it in the bathtub...
5. Yo aprendo hablar Espanol.
6. I like skepticism. This is a late development as I tend to go through year long phases of being obsessed with interesting topics. So, I spend a little bit each day on The Skeptic's Dictionary and Skeptical Inquirer.
7. I recently got a new job. It's my first real job, actually. And it is at Waldenbooks. (Talk about good fortune)
8. I have a variety of places where I look for book recommendations, but for nonfiction, believe it or not, Jon Stewart (on The Daily Show) has some of the best books if you are into politics and history--and it doesn't matter if it's Al Gore or Ron Paul.
9. With 3 younger siblings and about 30 first cousins, I am a committed family person. I have been committed because of my family. (Jut kidding. You know I love yall.)
10. I wrote this post in my pajamas. The pants have green and blue stripes, the shirt is white with an ice cream stain on it. Least I think it's ice cream...
So, now, I have to pass this award on. I have chosen a handful of the blogs I keep returning to- not just to see what they've been reading, but also to check up on bloggers who have become as familiar as next-door neighbors...if people still talked to their next-door neighbors.
Miss Nobody of Miss Nobody's Scribbles
Ali of Worducopia
Book Pusher of The Genteel Arsenal
Lilly of Reading Extravaganza
Rebecca of Lost in Books