Monday, March 8, 2010

What Are You Reading?


Meme hosted by Sheila of One Person's Journey Through a World of Books

Finished:
The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell

Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich

Theodore Roosevelt by Louis Auchincloss

Nietzsche for Beginners by Marc Sautet

and I also re-read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams


I am still working on:

Animal, Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver

When Religion Becomes Evil by Charles Kimball

and The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine



I have added to this:

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell

and

Sartre for Beginners by Donald Palmer

My trouble is, I set out to read something, put it on my list and then get sidetracked at the library when I see another book. Planning my reading list is like trying to predict next Thursday's weather- you can make an educated guess but it's understood that anything can happen.

Is it like this for everyone else or can I get tips from a more organized reader?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I do the same thing. When new books come in from the library, they might bump back other books, especially if they are series books.

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

WOW you had a busy week! Hope you have another great one!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Animal, Vegetable Miracle is one I want to read. Have a super week!

Michele Emrath said...

Thanks for coming by my blog--I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd been here! And I love the new background.

I am interested in the Neitzsche and Sarter for Beginners books. I haven't studied them since college and a refresher would be good.

My Monday reads are on my blog.

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries