Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Monday!

Finished:

A Mind of It's Own: A Cultural History of the Penis by David M. Friedman
I may be enjoying this book too much. Just a little.

Fruits Basket (v.3) by Natsuki Takaya
This is my first foray into manga comics since i was small and I didn't read very many then. I can definitely see the appeal this would have for a small girl-like Twilight, it's a pre-teen girl's fantasy in disguise. I would recommend this for young girls, but I hope they'd feel a little scornful of the main character. She is so "nice" and self-sacrificing it borders on suicidal. Kindness is not equal to spineless in my book.
The boys are hot, though.

The Faith Healers by James Randi


Currently Reading:

The Forsyte Saga by John Gasworthy

In Pursuit of the Gene by James Schwartz

Books Recieved in the Mail:

1. The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene (Betterworld Books)
Finally, finally, finally! I have this book. It sits on my shelf, it's cover glistening, I keep shooting it these little happy, sideways glances. Sigh. I read a little of it this Sunday, just before Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking came on.

Books Bought At the Library:

1. Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo by Hayden Herrera
2. The Discoverers by Daniel J Boorstin
3. The Clouds by Aristophanes
4. Representative Spanish Authors by Pattinson and Bleznick
5. Anthropology: Culture, Society and Evolution by John J. Collins

No comments:

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr